The fi rst written mention about this municipality, which is situated near to the border to Poland, comes from the year 1349. At the end of the 15th century – after the connecting of the original family Lichnovský and the Polish family from Voštice – Chuchelná became the administrative centre of the domination of the family Lichnovský. In 1773 the Prussian King Fridrich II gave to the family Lichnovský the attribute of dukes and they became the owners of the castle Hradec nad Moravicí. All their fortune was confi scated at the end of the World War II on the basis of Beneš’s decrets.
Two frame granaries, show of folk architecture.
The Tomb of the Family Lichnovský – the Holy Cross Chapel
A romantic eight-sides central building from a rye masonry without plaster from the beginning of the 20th century. In the chapel the remains of the 5th duke Karl Mario Lichnovský, his wife Mary princess von Croy Důllmen and their son the 6th duke Karl Max Lichnovský are situated. In 2009 the artefacts of the remains were opened up to the public – 56 years after their enclosing in a wall in 1953.
Chuchelná: the Lichnovský Château
This early Baroque château from the 17th century was built by Jiří Lichnovský. In 1853 the House of Cavaliers was annexed to have the possibility for accommodation of guests. the château was served as a hunting-lodge, the emperor Wilhelm II had been one of the guests – it was after the unifi cation of German-speaking people in 1781, he was a close friend of the 6th duke Karl Maria Lichnovský. In the 19th century a crypt of princes Lichnovský was built in the park. Since 1952 there has been a rehabilitative institution here. In the area of this château you can find a nice park (5,5 hectares).
The Girls’ House – Madchenheim
This block of fl ats, built in 1920, was not only an accommodation for employee-women of the local factory for fl ax working, but it was also an educational institution of young girls for maternity. the architect of this building was the court architect of the family Lichnovský Julius Buhler, who had worked on the court of the family Lichnovský until 1920.