This municipality was promoted to a town with a right to making fair in a document signed by the Czech King Vladislaus Jagellonský in 1493. The town Dolní Benešov is situated on the left bank of river Opava, between the towns Opava and Ostrava. Visitors of the town can use nice walks around a lot of ponds, the largest of them is Nezmar.
The Restaurant Sport – Sport and Leisure Centre
The Sport and Leisure Centre off ers two bowling courses, squash, a fitness and a restaurant with a outdoor terrace.
The Sport Airport Dolní Benešov – Zábřeh
Fly for a while in the sky and have a view of the beauties of Hlučínsko from the height. It is possible here to book sightseeing flies or parachute jumps. These parachute down-jumps are practised with practice parachutes type wing from the height 1 100 to 1 200 metres over the ground with automatic opening of parachutes.
The St. Martin’s Church
The church was built in 1678 on the place of a former wooden church. the St. Joseph’s Chapel was built to this church in 1723. In 1812 – 1814 the interior of the church was reconstructed. In 1843 – 1844 an organ from the workshop of an organist in Opava Karl Kuttler was installed. the last big building adaptations were made in 1861 – 1863, the tower was built, too.
The Classicism château in the centre of the town consists of two buildings: the heart of the château is from the 16th century and in the 17th century two-storeys Baroque building was annexed. A stone portal from 1498 with the Aristocrats of Drahotuše coat of arms was preserved. A component of those buildings is a palace chapel. You can fi nd here the original Baroque statues of Immaculate and Jan Nepomucký and other movables mainly with sacred character. The château
is surrounded with an English park with an area of 1,7 hectares. the Cyprián Lelek’s monument is situated in this park. Cyprián Lelek was a revivalist of Silesian people. the château was lastly reconstructed in 1924. Today it is the seat of the Municipal Office.
The Koutské and Zábřežské Meadows
This natural reservation – peat meadows with a lot of important wet groups of plants was claimed in 1973 and in 1997 it was rather extended to nowadays area of 375,70 hectares. This natural reservation consists of a unique complex of peat meadows, meads and dispersed green with rests of blind, died arms and periodically over-fl own pools in the lea of the river Opava. It is a place with a lot of distressed and rare animals and plants.