The first written mention about the municipality comes from 1288, formerly it was a yard with a fortress. the municipality is located in the northern part of district Opava nest to the border to Poland. Hněvošice is situated on a historical road connecting Opava and Ratiborz.
The Church of Christ – the Good Herdsman
It is a modern building, which is an important dominant of the village.
The Church of SS Peter and Paul
It is a Baroque wooden church from 1730, which was renewed in 1842. The interior equipment comes mainly from the 30th years of the 18th century.
The Hněvošický Grove
This natural reservation – it is a growth with oaks and hornbeams and with a lot of bushes and rich Carpathian fl ora.